Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Weekly iTunes "Single of the Week" Review


Welcome, readers! It's time for the iTunes Single of the Week Review.

This week's "Single of the Week:" 125 Pt. 3 (Connections) by Joell Ortiz featuring Gab Gotcha, Graph, Stimuli & Ras Kass

[iTunes writers' words follow . . .]
Just like the other famous Ortiz, this Big Papi dreams of big hits. Brooklyn-based MC Joell Ortiz shows that the demise of New York hardcore rap has been greatly exaggerated. "125 Pt. 3" is loaded with guests (Gab Gotcha, Graph, Stimuli, and Rass Kass) blazing the microphone with no hooks, no gimmicks, and no trendy dances — just street-level poetry. Ortiz has been linked with Dr. Dre's Aftermath label and he's about to blow up, so download "125 Pt. 3" now and get familiar.

THE REVIEW:
I can't figure out how to give a song negative two stars.

Uh, wow. I'm not a big rap fan, but I have a few in my library. I'm trying really really hard to find something nice to say about this song. The secondary rapper on this song is better than Joell. The tune has a nice backup singer. Umm ... oh, screw it. That's about it. This song fucking sucks. It makes me want to shove an ice pick into my ear.

iTunes Library Result:
DELETED

No comments: