Thursday, August 9, 2007

Who the @#$%^&* is Henry Simandjuntak?

On average I receive around 1,000 SPAM messages each day. This is largely my own fault, as two of my e-mail addresses are scattered across countless publications and websites. It's the cost of doing business for a PR guy who's listed in the "contact" section of articles.

I'd love to get my hands on one particular fictitious sonofabitch. Who the @#$% is Henry Simandjuntak, and why do I receive so much mail intended for him? This bastard is responsible for about 30% of my SPAM. [Note: If you don't realize those questions are meant in jest, please close this window right now.]

I really can't complain too loudly, since Henry never shows up in my inbox. His messages are always snagged by the mother of all SPAM filters for the Macintosh OS, SpamSieve. You can read the glowing reviews here if you need more convincing, but lemme tell you, it rocks.

On a related note, a thieving SPAM dirt bag has been caught. He is one of the infamous Nigerian identity scammers on the U.S. Secret Service's "Most Wanted" web site.

No comments: