Friday, June 8, 2007

Here We Go Again

It was one of those rare and dreaded moments, just after I clicked on the "send" button, that I knew I had made an irretrievable mistake. I inadvertently sent out an e-mail with my blog signature to a number of bigshots in my company. I had to delete the old blog immediately.

There are many friends of mine who do not subscribe to my belief that one's personal life should never, ever, ever cross paths with one's professional life. A good example is Pete Lyons, who posts about anything which comes to mind, from geeky techno-babble about coding to his dog's ailing health. I salute him for his candor, but cannot imagine doing so myself. Others, like Susan Senator, post articles about intimate family relationships which I would never share in a million years.

Why don't I combine both classes of people? Is it cowardice? Is it a matter of privacy? If I were to psychoanalyze myself, I'd say it's a combination of the two, but even simpler. If I know you, then I'm an open book. But the thought of publishing of a blog about very personal matters which co-workers might read makes me cringe. I'd rather not have people with whom I have either a professional and/or un-cozy relationship hearing about my personal life.

So, here we go again. Watch this spot for semi-personal insights. It's odd ... I feel an obligation to blog on a regular basis, and felt a sense of relief once I had deleted the old blog. Today I wanted to post about a new tattoo, but had nowhere to put it. Now I do.

No comments: