Thursday, June 28, 2007

My ears are bleeding

I happen to be alone in tonight ... no kids, no wife. Instead of holding a poker game, I'm listening to music. Wicked loud.

Right now I'm into opera and classical symphony. Yeah, opera and classical symphony. Carl Orff, specifically, at ear-bleeding volume. Wow! It's been far too long. It's uncomfortable at this level, but it somehow makes it better. It's an experience to behold it at an inappropriate decibels. I'm doing the "air conductor" thing just like I would do the "air guitar."

Whether you realize it or not, you know his "hit" song ...the pounding timpani, the huge chorus. It's been in countless movies. Buy the whole recording. You won't be sorry.

Editorial note -- the iTunes cut sucks ... it should feature the chorus at the peak with the orchestra behind it.

If you don't listen to classical or opera, you're missing out on some great stuff. Kurt Cobain had nothin' on Carl Orff. That guy seriously rocks. So does Bach, Sradella, and Chopin for that matter.

My ears hurt. And it's good. Really good.

I'm such a fucking nerd. Play it loud.

No comments: