Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Fun with cell phones


This morning I read about, investigated, and immediately signed up for the free YouMail service. I have to admit that I did it at first for boring reasons ... I wanted to figure out a way to have messages on my cell automatically forwarded to me via e-mail. YouMail does that. But it also has a nifty feature which allows you to record personalized messages for each person who calls you.

Now, when my sister calls me from her cell phone and I can't answer it, she hears the sound clip "Sorry Roger. You tiger now."

My buddy Jeff gets "Chip, I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey. Leave a message, Jeff."

A colleague of mine who calls my cell phone incessantly hears "Call me at the office first, Mr. [edited], then try my cell if it's important."

Cool. There are a whole bunch of other neat features too. Check it out for yourself.

No comments: