Friday, June 8, 2007

A Groove I Can Use

I created a hacked groove loop from Burnside. I've been listening to it for an hour. Yeah, it's four bars over and over and over again, but it's groove loop heroin. I've also been "singing along" as to what I'd like to hear a guitar soloist play.

If you want to listen, you can download it here. Be forewarned ... don't bother if you don't have the dedication to loop over and over and over (ad infinitum) on your computer's music player. If you don't then it will make no sense. It gets addicting. Trust me.

I'm a huge fan of the blues, and music in general. I cut this groove loop from a particularly cool tune of R.L. Burnside called "Come On In (Part 3)."

If you've been a reader of my blog, then it should come to no surprise to you that I'm also a Macintosh fanatic. As such, I'm hooked on Garage Band.

I'm looking forward to taking this groove loop and hacking away at a guitar solo. Yes, I know full well that I suck, but that's not the point. If I could only make my guitar play what I can do acapella, then I'd be Stevie Ray Vaughan.

I can hear my solo ... can you? No? Well, that's why I'm not a bazillionare.

[Editor's note: For some reason the Box.Net aiff file is off my a fraction of a millisecond. After many, many uploads in various formats, I give up. After all, the loop is for me, not for you.]

No comments: