Thursday, November 6, 2008

Oh! Hey! This is bizarre!

So I was hanging out with friends the other night who happen to be addicted to concert DVDs. Trust me, it's a shock to the system to see '80s era Journey (Steve "hangs to the left" Perry in his tight pants), followed my the Allman Brothers (Warren's hair was so long!), followed by ... wait for it ... wait for it ... Michael McDonald. Yes, go ahead and quote the 40 Year Old Version. I did.

Okay, so here's the really bizarre thing. While for the first time in my life ever losing a game of cribbage (my ex-wife will surely rip me a new one in the comments for saying that), I happened to glance up at the TV and who did I see pounding out a kick-ass drum solo? Steve Gadd! Holy crap! Steve frickin' Gadd producing sweat on stage for Michael McDonald! It's like catching Neil Peart playing with Paul Anka. I've already embarrassed myself on this blog by gushing over his skills.

If I believed in God, he'd be Him. I wish that I had 1/100th of his talent. That man is ... *head explodes*

No comments: