Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Resisting the Urge


I've had a really shitty day. Week. Tonight I particularly felt like listening to my old friend, the blues. However, iTunes changed my evening. I clicked "shuffle" (weighted to favor the songs ranked highest), and lo and behold 'round came Walk on Down by Aerosmith. Not only is Aerosmith one of my favorite bands of all time, but this song spoke to me tonight. After all, isn't that the purpose of good music?
You wonder why you got holes in your shoes
You wonder why they got more money than you
You wonder why you got nothin' to lose
It makes no sense, don't try to figure it out
You gotta . . .
Walk on down
Walk on down
Walk on down
When you're shit outta luck
There's just one thing to do and that's ...
Yep. When you're shit outta luck there's just one thing to do, and that's walk on down. To me that means keep on keepin' on. Thanks Joe and Steve. Wise advice indeed.

2 comments:

Eudiza Quevedo said...

I don't feeling loneliness anymore after my finger click Bebel Gilberto and find you talking about a shitty week. Mine was really hideous too. Kisses from Mexico!

Don said...

While I don't personally know many of the readers of my blog, Eudiza made my day. This is precisely why I write each post.

Eudiza illustrates aptly that music transcends culture, religion, politics, gender, race, nationality, and every other label to which each of us are tagged.

Listen loudly, Eudiza!