Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Music Night



Well, I've been listening to music tonight. As is always best, I had no intention to do so ... it just happens sometimes. If you've ever read this blog, you know I am a big fan of volume while listening to music. If you listen at "normal" levels, you miss so much! About an hour ago I put on the big DJ-quality earphones so as to not disturb the house nor the neighbors.

Here are a few things I observed and wish to share with you.

First, music is wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. I love listening to it, reading about it, playing it, sharing it, talking about it, and once in a blue moon even having the opportunity to do all of the aforementioned on the radio. Tangentially, Schtüm is currently pouring Skydiver blissfully and painfully loudly into my ears. It is wonderful. I wish it could be louder.

Secondly, I had forgotten about how frickin' much I love Van Diemen's Land by U2. Screw Bono. The Edge lays down a powerful, soulful vocal performance.

Thirdly (and I feel like I'm making a business presentation here because of the numerical count), I've got a new favorite song in Clapton's cover of Billy Myles' classic Have You Ever Loved A Woman? Yeah yeah yeah, I know you're sick and tired of me talking about how much I love One More Car One More Rider. But seriously ... really ... ain't it awesome? Nathan East playing sweet bass behind David Sancious' blistering piano solo. Wow. Wow. Wow. Yeah, and if you've read this blog before today you already know that I consider Steve Gadd and Billy Preston as gods.

Lastly, a Boston legend The Fools are awesome. Remember She Makes Me Feel Big? It's hard to find, but worth the effort.

I'm going to bed. As soon as Schtüm finishes telling me about jumping off the face of it. Jumping right off the face of it. Like a skydiver.

No comments: